Here are some highlights what you can find in this issue:
What COASTAL is all about?
COASTAL is an EC funded 4-year Horizon 2020 research and innovation action to formulate and evaluate business solutions and policy recommendations aimed at improving the coastal-rural synergy to foster rural and coastal development while preserving the environment.
Since our recent 1st newsletter in April several things have happened in COASTAL. The project has passed its first year in May. Read about how the consortium marked its 1st anniversary with the 1st Annual Meeting in Methoni, Greece.
Furthermore, from the 2nd issue of our newsletter you can get to know:
What are the latest developments in our project?
The project is organised around interacting Multi-Actor Labs (MALs), combining tools and expertise for six case studies representing the major coastal regions in the EU territory. Currently, partners are completing their second round of workshops with selected stakeholders representing the land- and sea-based economic operators, stakeholders and administrations.
- Read highlights of the Multi-Actor Labs, we give insights to events in some of our MALs.
What are the latest deliverables in COASTAL?
- Read news items about our latest reports e.g. on the sectoral analysis of coastal and rural development, inventories of data and model, of business opportunities and policy alternatives, and of scenarios and transition pathways.
Where and how are we networking?
- COASTAL was present at many events including AAG 2019, EGU2019, LuWQ2019.
- We also cooperate with our fellow project ROBUST: read highlights from ROBUST.
What are the upcoming international events that are relevant for the topic of COASTAL?
- There are several events on our list where you can meet us, e.g. the Baltic Sea Science Congress in August organised by Stockholm University, the Blue Growth Summer School in September co-organised by GreenBridge, GLF digital summits in October co-organised by CSIC, or the CHEERS Conference in November organised by IRSTEA.
We hope you will enjoy delving into the latest info about our project.
Continue reading the 2nd newsletter in PDF version here.
Thank you for reading!
The COASTAL project team